Have you ever had some of those gnawing thoughts formulate in the back of your mind that just don’t seem to want to go away? Well I have and it is pretty well a daily occurrence as of late. So without further adieu, I’m finally going to deal with them and let the chips fall where they may. If I offend someone, believe me when I say it’s not personal, as I am NOT directing any of my observations at any one particular person. What I am talking about here primarily has to do with general observations, of which you may rightfully, agree or disagree.
1. Face Masks: The USA is still in the grips of the first wave of a deadly and escalating pandemic and some “Christian” people are actually arguing and/or complaining about wearing a face mask that is acknowledged by most medical authorities as providing a small level of protection, because it supposedly infringes on their individual rights. Last time I checked, “small” was better than nothing. What ever happened to “love your neighbour as yourself” or “It’s not all about you” or “the strong bearing the shortcoming of the weak” ? Are these just platitudes that we quote or are we not actually supposed to do them?
2. Corona Virus: 99% harmless. Right. Really glad that’s all been straightened out. Now all we have to do is convince the Doctors, nurses and front line care workers, plus those who have recovered from the Corona Virus but are still dealing with the residual after effects, so they understand, and that problem is taken off the table. I could easily give you a whole lot more but you really don’t want to go there. Unsubstantiated “truth” is NOT the same as “substantiated” truth, no matter which way you slice it or no matter whom says it. And what are those seven things that are an abomination to God again (Proverbs 6:16-19)?
3. The Coming World Order: Do you have any idea of how many different aspects of this acknowledged coming reality are currently underway? How do you spell “paranoid”? Being “aware” of a particular aspect that is possibile is one thing, identifying wearing a mask as a certified prelude to total world domination is another. And what happens if “they” successfully develop, test and approve a vaccine for the Corona Virus? Will a chip be inserted along with the vaccine? Last time I checked, “conjecture” was not the same thing as an established irrefutable fact. Anyone ever hear of the term “wait for it”?
4. Spreading Disinformation/Misinformation: Is there any political party that is totally immune from committing this intention or unintentional travesty? Last time I checked, as long as humans were involved, no political party was exempt. Correct me if I am wrong but saying that “everyone” does it, does not qualify as a Christian exemption. What “standard” are professed Christian politicians supposed to adhere to? When you “demonize” the totality of all members of one particular political party and cast an illusion of “sainthood” over all members of another, do you really think you are fooling anyone, especially God? Please show me that Scripture verse again that says “the end justifies the means”.
5. Black Lives Matter: Yes they do and I understand the reasoning behind “Black Lives Matter” being preferred over “All Lives Matter” at this particular point in time, and quite candidly, it’s been a long time coming and it goes beyond ludicrous. However, injustice is injustice and it adheres to no exclusive colour. The human heart, also does not have a particular distinct colour, irrespective of the colour of our skin and until hearts are changed in individuals, no matter what colour our skin is, nothing of any significance is really going to change. That which is flesh is flesh and that which is Spirit is Spirit. Only God can change our hearts and therein is the only lasting solution. In the interim, all we are doing, if we as the Church, ignore this reality, is put a bandaid on that which requires a field dressing, and it will not stop the bleeding. I’m not against social justice but that is not the Great Commission that Jesus gave us. There is no difference between a black or white unsaved sinner other than the colour of their skin and skin colour doesn’t count at the foot of the cross.
So there we have it, I feel better already. Hope I didn’t tick too many of you off.
Worthy is the Lamb! Blessings!
Follow up Note: Not only did I not lose any followers but I actually gained a couple. Thought for sure it would go the other way. There’s a lot more kind people out there than you think there is. God is good.